Assistant Manager | Tax Compliance
ASL, an established and leading medium sized Auditing and Accounting firm in Somerset West, aim to fill the position of Assistant Manager | Tax Compliance with a self-motivated and suitably qualified candidate.
This challenging position is the ideal career opportunity for a professional individual with the intention to further their knowledge in taxation. The candidate will be required to attend to various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, tax assessments and provisional tax with SARS. A comprehensive understanding of the Income Tax Act, Value Added Tax Act and the Tax Administrative Act is required to perform the candidate’s duties.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Completed SAICA / SAIPA / CIMA articles, eligible for professional registration;
- Eligible to register as a tax practitioner with the South African Revenue Service (SARS);
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Technical proficiency in e-Filing and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English; and
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
In addition, the ideal candidate must:
- Communicate excellently, both verbally and in writing;
- Confidently deliver client service of outstanding quality;
- Work under pressure, both independently and in a team environment;
- Apply detailed attention to detail work styles;
- Be administratively orientated.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assistance in the general management of the tax compliance function in order to support the tax manager.
- Management and development of the tax compliance staff in group context through the necessary supervisions in monitoring and evaluating the team’s progress when conducting work and providing the necessary training.
- Advising staff on tax compliance processes, procedures or general queries related to taxation to all staff in the ASL group.
- Assistance with various tax related matters, including dispute resolution, provisional tax and tax assessments with SARS.
- Application for tax clearances, good standing and foreign investment allowance;
- Tax compliance for a portfolio of high net worth groups including companies, trusts and individuals;
- Weekly visits to local SARS branch offices;
- Daily liaison with clients and SARS and attending to all aspects relating to taxation; and
- Tax registrations including income tax, VAT, customs and excise and tax exemption.