Division Manager | Accounting
In line with our group strategy and organisational structure requirements, we aim to fill the position of Division Manager | Accounting in Business Solutions (comprising Accounting, Payroll and Company Secretarial functions) with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Eligible for registration as an AGA (SA) / CA (SA) with SAICA, or registration as a Professional Accountant at SAIPA;
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Language skills in Afrikaans and English;
- Computer skills in MS Office Suite, e-Filing and CaseWare;
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, and can confidently deliver client service of outstanding quality. Good leadership qualities and strong interpersonal and management skills are also required. The ability to work independently and proactively is a prerequisite.
The key responsibilities include:
- Business division management, including:
- Annual planning and human resource provisioning in line with divisional outputs;
- Financial management of the division (budget and division / department targets);
- Technical training for the department through structured training programmes and needs analysis on a regular basis;
- Maintaining technical work templates and incorporating legislative changes.
- Operational people management, including:
- Monitoring mentorship programs.
- Monitoring and flagging timesheets or leave requests and targets.
- Performance management based on feedback from internal stakeholders and informed the firm’s operational requirements for individual performance and in line with the competency frameworks (SAICA) or logbooks SAIPA / CIMA).
- Strategic management, including:
- Providing inputs and driving operational aspects of the group strategy within the business division.
- Reporting directly to the Group Managing Director (MD) on all operational- and strategic business division related aspects.
- Client portfolio management:
- The management of a dedicated client portfolio consisting of a wide variety of small to medium sized clients, including individuals, trusts, closed corporations, private companies and non-profit organisations (the client portfolio management will only comprise a component of the role and will entail a reduced number of client engagements).