Advisory | Legal Consultant | part-time fixed term contract
At ASL, we are an innovative and forward-thinking team of professionals, with a strong work ethic and a positive “can-do” attitude, enabling us to ultimately deliver service excellence.
We aim to fill the position of Advisory | Legal Consultant | part-time fixed term contract with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
ASL Advisory was formally constituted in March 2014 and forms part of the ASL Group, a professional services group with a track record of serving a loyal client base since 1998.
Our entrepreneurial team, being an essential finance & legal partner to SME’s, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals, aims to fill the position of Legal Consultant with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate on a part-time fixed term contract. This part-time position is ideally suited to an individual that is looking to further his/her experience within a professional environment, offering flexibility with both remote and in-office work, as part of a dynamic team of independent and self-managed individuals. ASL Advisory places emphasise on development and innovative thinking, viewing difficulties and challenges as opportunities rather than obstacles.
The ideal candidate must have an affinity for commercial transactions and taxation in general, and should meet the following requirements:
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- good problem solving, delegation and decision-making skills;
- be proficient in utilising digital platforms to achieve business outcomes;
- should have a professional working proficiency in both Afrikaans and English;
- sound knowledge of the Companies Act, as well as the Income Tax Act.
- Qualifications: B Com LLB / LLB from a leading South African University
- A post graduate qualification in South African taxation would be advantageous.
- Years’ Experience: Admitted attorney or proven experience in a commercial law or similar environment.
- Computer skills: Computer literate.
- Proficient in MS Office 365.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assuming ownership on the execution of instructions delegated from the executive management team;
- Consulting on legal implications and structuring of commercial transactions;
- Drafting of agreements relating to these transactions;
- Coordination of execution documents in implementing commercial transactions; and
- Liaising with accounting, audit, tax and company secretarial departments in the ASL Group to ensure proper finalisation and commercial implementation of intended transactions.
We intend to offer a 2-year fixed term appointment for 80 hours per month to the successful candidate