Senior Legal Consultant
ASL Advisory was formally constituted in 2014 and forms part of the ASL Group, a professional services group with a track record of serving a loyal client base since 1998.
Our entrepreneurial team, being an essential finance & legal partner to SME’s, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals, aims to fill the position of Senior Legal Consultant with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
This position is ideally suited to an individual that is looking to further his/her experience within a professional environment dealing specifically with commercial law, offering flexibility with both remote and in-office work, as part of a dynamic team of independent and self-managed individuals. We value development and innovative thinking highly, viewing difficulties and challenges as opportunities rather than obstacles.
The position entails consulting, drafting and implementing commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and serving as legal counsel to SME’s.
The ideal candidate must have an affinity for commercial transactions and corporate taxation in general, and should meet the following requirements:
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- good problem solving, delegation and decision-making skills;
- be proficient in utilising digital platforms to achieve business outcomes;
- should have a professional working proficiency in both Afrikaans and English;
- sound knowledge of all legislation relevant to commercial transactions.
|B Com LLB / LLB / B Acc LLB from a leading South African University A post graduate qualification in taxation would be advantageous.||Admitted attorney or chartered accountant with minimum 3 years dedicated post articles experience in a commercial law and consulting environment.||Computer literate. Proficient in MS Office 365.|
- Assuming ownership on the execution of instructions delegated from the executive management team;
- Consulting on legal implications and structuring of commercial transactions;
- Drafting and implementing agreements relating to these transactions; and
- Liaising with relevant departments in the ASL Group to ensure proper finalisation and implementation of intended transactions.
The successful incumbent will be required to establish and maintain a dedicated client portfolio and service existing clients within the ASL Group, fulfilling performance criteria such as fee targets and productivity measures, client acquisition targets and service offering expansion.
We intend to offer a permanent contract to the successful candidate. Should you be interested, send a concise CV (maximum three pages) with indication of your remuneration expectation to Amorei Engelbrecht at email@example.com.