Corporate Governance Officer
At ASL, we are an innovative and forward-thinking team of professionals, with a strong work ethic and a positive “can-do” attitude, enabling us to ultimately deliver service excellence.
We aim to fill the position of Corporate Governance Officer with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 level of education, although further related qualifications or professional registration will be advantageous;
- Professional registration with the Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa, will be advantageous;
- Minimum of two to three years’ experience in a company secretarial services environment, preferably in a similar audit- and accounting firm environment;
- Knowledge of the Companies Act;
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English;
- Excellent administration and interpersonal skills; and
- Understanding of relevant company secretarial computer programs (e.g. Skysec, or Greatsoft) will be advantageous.
A high level of attention to detail, the ability to perform tasks accurately and willingness to learn are essential characteristics of a successful candidate.
The key responsibilities include:
- Rendering company secretarial- and statutory services to designated client portfolio consisting of companies and close corporations in accordance with the Companies Act.
- Recording statutory changes in registers pertaining to director amendments, maintaining resolution records and dividend records.
- Registering and recording changes for companies and close corporations.
- Conducting research on company legislation.
- Liaising with third parties such as CIPC and SARS.
- Assisting with the filing of dividend tax returns with SARS.
- Providing comprehensive services in terms of CIPC annual returns for client portfolio, FICA administration and B-BBEE verifications.
- Managing the on-boarding and off-boarding procedures for client portfolio.
- Identifying and implementing any relevant statutory changes in terms of client group structures according to the applicable legislative framework.
- General office administration or related functions.