Assistant Audit Manager
At ASL, we are an innovative and forward-thinking team of professionals, with a strong work ethic and a positive “can-do” attitude, enabling us to ultimately deliver service excellence.
We aim to fill the position of Assistant Audit Manager with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Completed SAICA articles, eligible for registration as CA (SA) or AGA (SA);
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Technical proficiency in CaseWare, e-Filing and the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English; and
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, and can confidently deliver client service of outstanding quality. Good leadership qualities and strong interpersonal, analytical and management skills are also required. The ability to work independently and proactively is a prerequisite.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing a dedicated client portfolio consisting of a wide variety of small to medium sized clients, including individuals, trusts, closed corporations and companies.
- Providing assistance in the management and planning of auditing and related services, the delivery of a support function to directors of the firm, compliance to statutory obligations, as well as dealing with the resulting enquiries.
- Providing assistance in the management and development of auditing personnel in group context through the necessary supervisions in monitoring and evaluating the team’s progress when conducting audits and providing necessary training.
- Delivery of quality work through the maintenance of audit and accounting standards and application of the VAT Act.
- Assisting management with ad-hoc duties on a daily basis.
Send a concise CV (maximum three pages) email@example.com.