At ASL, we are an innovative and forward-thinking team of professionals, with a strong work ethic and a positive “can-do” attitude, enabling us to ultimately deliver service excellence. In line with our group strategy and organisational structure requirements, we aim to fill the position of Accounting Manager with a suitably qualified and experienced candidate, who will be required to independently manage a client portfolio.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Registration as a Professional Accountant at SAIPA, or professional registraion with SAICA or CIMA;
- Experience and good knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, VAT, Income Tax and Companies Act;
- Technical proficiency in Caseware Working Papers, e-Filing, recognized accounting software and the Microsoft office suite;
- Proven competence in the management of client portfolios and staff;
- Proficient in Afrikaans and English; and
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, and can confidently deliver client service of outstanding quality. Good leadership qualities and strong interpersonal, analytical and management skills are also required. The ability to work independently and proactively is a prerequisite.
The key responsibilities include:
Client portfolio management and strategic management, including:
- Management of client portfolio consisting of a wide variety of small to medium sized clients, including individuals, trusts, closed corporations, private companies and non-profit organisations;
- Project management of accounting (referred to as business solutions), as well as related services to clients
- Delivery of quality work through the maintenance of accounting standards;
- Workflow management and client group coordination;
- Financial budget and KPI management on client groups, as well as billing processes;
- Delivery of a support function to directors and associates of the firm, compliance to statutory obligations, as well as dealing with the resulting client enquiries in order to drive the firm’s client strategy.